The fine folks over at The World’s Best Ever have unearthed the most delicious breakfast recipe imaginable. It’s like a much classier, far tastier Egg McMuffin. Mmmmm, putting brie, spinach and bacon all together? Yum!!
Egg Sandwich with Spinach, Brie and Maple Bacon
— Two strips bacon, each cut in half
— 2 tablespoons maple syrup
— 1 tablespoon olive oil
— 2 cups baby spinach
— One English muffin, split
— 2 large slices of Brie cheese, softened
— One egg
— 1 tablespoon butter
1. Preheat oven to 425. Cover baking sheet (use one with sides) with foil and lay bacon on top. Brush with maple syrup. Bake for 10 minutes or until bacon is done to your liking.
2. Meanwhile, heat olive oil in skillet and saute spinach until wilted, about 2 minutes. Cover with skillet cover and set aside.
3. Toast English muffin and as soon as it is toasted, spread both sides with cheese.
4. Heat butter in second small skillet over medium heat until melted. Fry egg until yolk is soft set. Flip and cook another minute longer.
5. Lay egg on bottom of English muffin. Top with spinach. Cover spinach with bacon. Cover with top of English muffin.
More Funny Finds: